Thursday, September 08, 2005

Five Things . . .

Okay, Andrea tagged me, so here are five things that you probably don't know about me . . .

1. I have an interesting family - we're multi-racial :) I'm all Dutch. I have four brothers, two of whom are Korean, one of whom is Hispanic - they're adopted - and then I have one other brother who is also Dutch. Oddly enough, however, to the best of my knowledge I am the first person in my family (we're talking extended family here too) to marry someone who wasn't Dutch.

2. I have an odd, almost phobic, dislike of cotton balls. I can handle cotton clothing (but not diapers!) as long as it gets lots of fabric softener, but I cannot touch cotton balls. I have to use a knife to take the cotton out of pill bottles and even that freaks me out a bit. Just the thought of touching cotton gives me the heeby-jeebies. Very strange.

3. I'm very musical - until I graduated from college I was heavily involved in music. I even played in a professional county orchestra for a while. Frankly that's the art I always thought I'd pursue. I still play piano and flute and sing in church, but my serious musical days appear to be past for now - Scrapbooking has taken over LOL.

4. I collect those flattened pennies that they sell at tourist traps. DH and I have a little collection from all the trips we've taken or anywhere we go that has a machine. I just bought an album for them in San Diego - now I need to alter it!

5. I played six on six girls basketball in highschool! It hung on in Iowa until the early 90's and I loved it and I was a starter! I could never shoot and in 6 on 6 I didn't have to - I played defense and you weren't allowed to cross half-court! So, I set shot blocking records, got beat up a lot and never had to take a shot! Also, you only get two dribbles in 6 on 6 - another thing I was never any good at that wasn't required - ball handling!

So, there you have it, 5 odd, little known facts about me :) I tag Kim aka SAHMom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So neat knowing more about you, Lisa!! And I have to say... I totally got the chills READING about cotton balls... I think I must have a deep-seated phobia too.. haha!!
I did my 5 things on my blog! Thanks for the tag!