Thursday, May 25, 2006

Is it the weekend yet?

After two days of editing the granddaddy of all divorce cases and all day today editing another case, I am about to keel over! I don't know if I've ever been so sick of looking at Westlaw! And, I really don't know what gets into people when they get divorced - these people have been in court for over 14 years and they were only married a little less than 7! It makes my head (and heart) hurt! But, at least tomorrow's Friday and I'm planning on leaving work a little early for the long holiday weekend. So if I can just make it through tomorrow morning, it's all good! I'm hoping to get a little extra scrapping time this weekend. With Bob not working and everything else going on this week, I just haven't had any time to myself and therefore little time to create. I'm getting to the point where my head is just bursting with ideas and I need to get some of them out LOL!

On a totally separate note, we had a great anniversary! We went out for dinner and had some big old steaks - I love a good New York Strip! Then we came home and watched the Suns beat the Mavs (sorry any Mavs fans out there, I know it was a heartbreaker for you guys, but we could not have been more excited!) and of course, saw Taylor Hicks crowned American Idol! I'm so happy he won, that Katherine had a decent voice and all, but her pitch was often all over the place and the whole "dad in the industry" thing rubbed me the wrong way, although I guess one never knows about these things. Anyway, I'm usually one to pull for the odd man in a competition like this, and there's no denying Taylor fits that description LOL. In any event, I'll definitely be adding to my American Idol CD collection this year - Taylor, Chris, Elliott, Paris - if they cut albums, I'll be buying :)

Okay, time to call it a day! Bob and I might take a trip to the gym just to sit in the hot tub tonight LOL - that's my kind of workout! And, I'm hoping to play some more with my new software from the Digital Scraproom - loving it so far - it'll be great to have everything where I can see it easily - it's just too hard to rely on my memory of what I have at this point, so the idea of just being able to do run a quick search for a brad makes me happy all over!

No comments: