Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Little bit of this . . .

Little bit of that - that's today's post LOL. I realized I hadn't posted in a while, so an update seemed in order! Life is Better Shared is off to a great start - people are creating some great albums - and the first prompt will be going up tomorrow!

And, our Scraplift Challenge at Scrapartist has been great fun too - this week's subject is MirandaM - love that girl's stuff! And, if you haven't seen it in people's signature lines already - we're giving our featured artists a custom blinkie to show off! So, be sure to post layouts in the Scrapartist gallery - we're always on the lookout for artists to honor!

Carrie's also got some great new kits up in the Fishscraps Bait Shop - be sure to check them out - fantastic color schemes and of course Carrie's fabulous designing style! The new creative team has been great fun to work with so far too - so many talented ladies there!

In non-scrapbooking news, we had a fun weekend with Bob's family this week! His brother just bought a new house, so we went out to see it and then out to Bedroxx - possibly the best place on earth for kids! They have bowling and video games and tickets for prizes - just a rockin' place! I mangaged to bowl both games I played over 100, so I was excited - I am just not very good at bowling LOL.

I'm also a little bummed this week because Ye Olde Lantern - the place where we got engaged and had our rehersal dinner, as well as many other special occasions - closed last week. The Elks club bought it and will be completely remodeling it, but it sounds like it will be open to the public some of the time, so we'll have to check that out I guess. I stopped by the building this week hoping to buy a painting or something as a keepsake of sorts - we really like a lot of their old landscape paintings. The Elks guy told me they're keeping everything for now, but that I should stop back in a couple weeks when they've made some decisions, so I'm still hopeful that we can get something! It's just hard to see the old place close - it's been open since 1924! I guess when you fall in love with an old place you take a chance and we certainly enjoyed it while it was here - so goodbye Ye Olde Lantern, we'll miss you!

No comments: