Monday, March 20, 2006

Clean Floors and March Madness

Okay, I know that a sweeper is not quite as exciting a purchase as a Vera bag, but I am super-excited about my new Shark sweeper! Our floors are just always a mess and it's making me nuts! Between all the plant parts that inevitably find their way into the house and our white tile kitchen floor - seriously people, who puts a white tile floor in a kitchen? - I just can't keep up with it! And, I really hate dragging the vacuum out all the time. So, I finally broke down and bought one of these - it's cordless so I can just whip it out and sweep up a little day to day. Or at least that's the theory LOL. Loving it so far!

In March Madness news - our beloved Arizona Wildcats lost yesterday to Villanova. I'm bummed that we're out, but glad that they played well - one of our better games of the season, in fact. And, Marcus Williams played out of his head! I'm definitely looking forward to next year - we've got some fantastic players returning and moving into leadership roles and, from the sounds of it, some good prospects coming in too! So, for the rest of the tournament, I'm cheering for Gonzaga :) And, it would be awesome if Bradley could keep going - gotta love the underdog!

I also made a trip to Borders this weekend to pick up a Moleskine notebook for my purse so that I have a place to jot down layout ideas, color schemes, etc. While I was there I also got a great book on Artist's journals and collage, etc. It's called Artists' Journals and Sketchbooks Lots of great ideas for topics to journal on and techniques to use. It even has several pages of altered slides! How great is that? Highly recommended if you're into the collage look that's all the rage these days!

And, finally, if you haven't already, I'd really encourage you to swing by the Digichick and pick up Val's A Tiny Seed kit. Not only is it a great kit, all the proceeds are going to an orphanage in Bangladesh. One of my cousins was actually adopted from Bangladesh, so it is near and dear to my heart (along with Korea and India - I've got cousins and sibs from all over I tell ya!). Only $4 and it's for a great cause!

No comments: