Monday, September 18, 2006

What a Weekend!


Well, lots to talk about today LOL! On Saturday Ursula and I made the trek up to Phoenix for the CK Convention! It was loads of fun - mainly due to the company! I've said it before, but I really think that the internet is a wonderful way to meet people and make friends! Although we haven't known each other all that long, she really feels like an old friend to me in a lot of ways - it was great to spend some time together in person! As for the convention - it was pretty cool. I bought the Urban Coutoure collection from Basic Grey and a 6x6 pad of their new design Lily Kate. I also got some great fibers, a pad of Life's Journey paper, a few necklace charms and some Diamond Glaze (which Ursula had to explain to me LOL), and a ton of stuff from Lil Davis who had a $1 and $2 booth. Sadly, when we were just about to pay after waiting in the huge line at Lil Davis the fire alarm went off and everyone had to vacate the building! It was a little crazy, but we got back in within 20 minutes or so I guess and were able to pay for our stuff right away. It made for some excitement, but it wasn't too bad!

From the Convention, we went out to check out the Bazzill Warehouse sale in Chandler. If you ever get a chance to go, I highly recommend it! I left there with a big box of 8.5x11 paper, tons of envelopes, a few fibers, a bunch of their great little books (gatefold, accordian, zippered, and coin holder) and even an idea book for $40! My paper stash is probably set for a couple of years now LOL! We had a late lunch/early dinner and made one last stop at Ikea before heading back to Tucson.

Then last night I put the finishing touches on my kit for the Scrapartist Apprentice contest (pictured at left). I'm really happy with how it turned out. No matter how I end up doing, I've already learned a lot in the process! I actually had most of it done about a week ago, but I had to put together a preview and I finished that off last night. Somehow that's always the trickiest part of a kit for me LOL! Anyway, be sure to check out all the entries the Apprentice gallery - there's some great freebies there already! And, you can pick up my freebie here

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm still so bummed I didn't get to meet up with you!!! I didn't even go to the warehouse sale. Bummer.
You're freebie is gorgeous!!! Go luck! :)

skyescrapz said...

That is so bleepin' cool that you and Ursula got to go to CK together! AWESOME! It sounds like it was a fun time! And I love your kit for the contest! It's lovely! Good luck in that!
xoxo, your DAQ friend Krista