Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Feeling Healthy

Yeah, that's right, I'm feeling healthy! Not something I've felt for quite a while LOL, but over the last few weeks Bob and I have really been working at eating better and working out more. So, I've been going to the gym six days a week and I've almost completely given up junk food and candy! At first it was really tough, but it's gotten easier as the days have gone by. Don't get me wrong, I miss my Swedish Fish, but I feel so much better! Now if I can just stick with it :)

All of this started when I saw an Oprah talking about her bootcamp challenge - I was so inspired! But, working out eight times a week just isn't an option for me and I know that if I'm too hard on myself with food I can get crazy. The timing, however, was perfect. I had been thinking for a while about how I had become a person who ate mostly junk. We ate out alot at fast food places, we ate a lot of candy and snacks and just generally didn't eat well. I never used to be that kind of person - I have always thought of myself as a healthy person - I like healthy food and I shop at stores like Trader Joes and Wild Oats and I love Dr. Weil! But, my lifestyle was not living up to my own image of myself - over the last few years I've just gotten worse and worse. So, when I saw that Oprah, it all sort of came together. I decided that I would go back to being a healthy eater. It's definitely going to be a long process, but I'm feeling good so far. Hopefully I won't bore you all with my dietary changes, but I feel like I really want to reinforce my positive feelings about the changes and talking about them helps that along!

On an entirely different note, my little vacation was wonderful! We did some hiking and hung out with friends and just generally took it easy. Just what I needed! I got some scrapping done, but I also did a little designing. I created some botanical brushes from some of my hiking photos and made a new paper pack and I also updated an old freebie kit. You can get them both in the Scrapartist freebie section here and here. I hope you enjoy them!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, Lisa - now I'm singing "feelin' healthy" to the tune of "feelin' groovy!" LOL!
Glad you guys are doing good! :)

Shawn said...

loved your post- I feel the same way right now! And your freebies are awesome!!!