Monday, August 21, 2006

Good News

Some good news for today :) First, Bob got a new job! He'll be starting next week working for the University of Arizona as a groundskeeper. The U of A has an amazing collection of plants - it's actually an arboretum in fact - so it's a great opportunity to take care of some beautiful plant life. Plus, he'll be a state employee, so he'll get wonderful benefits, including not only health, but huge tuition discounts and even the ability to buy books and computer stuff from the campus bookstore. I'm really excited about that! I might take a few art or design classes or who knows what, plus a discount on software and computer equipment will be great! And, I think he'll really like working there - it's a great school and we always enjoy being on campus, so I think it will be a good environment to work in too.

Second, on the health front, I've lost about 6-7 pounds so far on the eating healthy/working out plan! I'm really happy with that - not only with the weight loss, but with the fact that I feel like this is something I can live with. One thing that's made that a lot easier was my purchase of Cuisinart's Griddler! If you haven't seen this thing yet, it's like a George Foreman grill, only the plates come out and it opens up all the way flat so you can cook more on it and you can use it as a griddle too (it comes with griddle and grill plates). I can cook chicken or fish on it in under ten minutes so it makes it really easy to come home from the gym and get dinner done. That's helped a lot with cutting down on eating out. I totally recommend one of these - it's worth every dime!

Finally, be sure to swing over to Scrapartist this week! The fabulous Kim Christensen joined us in the shoppe and there's some great challenges this week! We're featuring Michelle aka Mishou in the Scraplift Challenge, doing 4x6 layouts in the Outside the Box challenge and Robyn and Christine are getting inspiration from the amazing artwork of Teesha Moore in the Altered Art Challenge.

No comments: