Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! Because I haven’t gotten my photos off of the camera yet since coming home, I’m going to do my new year’s post before the Christmas post! For now, suffice it to say that I had a wonderful time in Michigan! And, although I am generally not a big maker of new year’s resolutions, I do have a few this year. In fact, I am 90% done with one of them already! Last year I had very good intentions to send out cards for all my family events - birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I did great until about June and then it just fell apart. So, this year I thought "I’m going to make/address/sign all of the cards at the beginning of the year and put them in a cute little altered file so they’re ready to go." Well, little did I know they sell a perfect book for this purpose - I got mine at Michael’s! It’s pictured at left - it has pockets for the cards, calendar pages to list your birthdays and even an address page for each month so everything’s right there. Yesterday I designed my cards (just two - one for ladies, one for men), printed them out, got them addressed and put them in the appropriate month’s pockets. Took me just a few hours and now I can just send them out when the time is right! There’s four sitting on my desk ready to mail as we speak :) I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with this little project - I’m such a geek LOL.

As for the rest, maybe let’s call them goals or aspirations - something a bit less concrete than a resolution LOL . . .

First - I really want to do better about saving up some money. We need to replace Bob’s truck soon and I really want to buy a house sometime soon. Especially since our break-in, it is harder and harder to think of our little rental house as our own. Along with that, I need to set up an appointment to sit down and talk to our landlord/realtor about what we need to do to get rolling on that. (I will tell you that she is a little reluctant to talk to us about buying - guess we’re too good of tenants LOL).

Second - I want to push myself to be more personal in my scrapping - to share more of my own thoughts and ideas, rather than just making pretty pages. I love the art of scrapping, but I feel like I am missing out by not sharing more of my everyday life and experience through my pages. So, more thoughtful pages are on the list!

Third - I want to do more to make a difference in the world. I will keep on writing my representatives about issues that are important to me, but I want to get involved in something local where I can actually reach out and help someone!

Fourth - I will get back to working out this year - even if it’s just walking in the morning again. I am really feeling the urge to move!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Lisa! Where in Michigan were you visiting?