Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Movie Date and other Fun Stuff

Bob and I went out for a movie date this weekend! Everytime we go to a movie, I quickly remember why we don't go more often - it is an expensive venture! But, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie and it was great! It was a lot scarier than the others, but very good - I really enjoyed it. I wonder if people are taking their kids to it though - I think it would have given me some nightmares. I don't envy parents the decisions they have to make these days - it certainly seems like a lot of things marketed for children are not very child appropriate.

Last night was also pretty exciting - the first official game of the season for our Arizona Wildcats! They beat Kansas, but it wasn't pretty - not nearly enough passing and way too much dribbling - looked a lot like last year's difficulties and to be honest I'm a little scared by that! Hopefully it was just the excitement of the first game and we'll settle in to a better rhythmn. On a good note though - Kirk Walters had a career high game! It's so fun to see him do well - he's from Michigan - went to the high school I would have attended if we hadn't moved.

Finally, I talked to my mom for a while last night about Christmas presents - got a few ideas for my niece and gave her a few more things for my list. It's funny - we started drawing names last year so we wouldn't have to buy for everyone, and this year about half of us have the same people as last year! Fortunately for me I got my dad and my next brother down again - both pretty easy to buy for!

So, while I'm on a Christmas note - I'll leave you with my first wintery layout of the year! I love these papers by Michelle Coleman at Scrapartist! And, Nancie just put up two more paper packs of Christmas stuff - just gorgeous, I can't wait to play with them!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a FUN photo! Love your LO, too!