Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Great Weekend!


In keeping with my grand procrastinating tradition - I'm going to blog about last weekend when this weekend is almost upon me! Being a state employee, I get Veteran's day off so my friend Marie and I headed up to Phoenix for a day of shopping and a lunch with Michelle (aka Rynonut Mom). The photo is Michelle and I at lunch - it was so much fun to meet her in person. I've made some wonderful friends on the internet and I really enjoy chatting with people and getting to know them through their artwork, but there's still nothing like sitting down with someone for a meal - live and in person. And, it's an interesting experience to meet someone in life who you've only known online. You know them quite well and yet you've never actually met them before. I was excited about it, but a little nervous too - turned out there was no need for nerves - we had a great time doing some scrapbook shopping and chatting. And, by the way, Phoenix does have some amazing scrapbook stores - Scrapbooks, Etc. was insane! I am now the proud owner of a bunch of Bazzill cardstock and mini-albums :)

I was also very excited to go to Ikea - this was my first time ever! I was completely amazed! It's like a whole city in there! They have MAPS for pete's sake! I didn't end up buying much - a set of funnels and a little kids dish set that looks like a frog - very cute! Definitely a place I'll have to go back to, but I think I'll go through the catalog first next time so I have a better idea of what I actually want to get - it's just a little overwhelming to browse.

And, I bought a great painting for my office wall - an abstract modern on stretched canvas - very cool. I've got a few other things in mind - a lamp, some altering of my cork board, and a few scrapping projects - so I'll post some new pictures when I get that done - hopefully by next week.

All in all - a great weekend - it was really great to have a girls' day out! I don't have a lot of close girlfriends and most of them live at least a few hours away - many across the country - so it was great to spend some time with new friends and get to know them better!

No comments: