Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm finally back!

Okay, after several weeks, I am finally back in action. I have been a bad, bad blogger lately, but it was just too much hassle to deal with on my old laptop. My new computer went down again (this would be the third new hard drive since I bought it in August) and this time I sent it back to HP for repairs. It finally arrived yesterday, so I spent last night getting everything loaded and installed and now I think I'm finally good to go. Hopefully it will continue to work properly - I'm really tired of dealing with computer issues.

Also, since I last posted, we had a break in at our house. They came in through our bedroom window and stole all of my jewelry, our camers, a dvd player (that doesn't even work LOL), my mp3 player and some DVDs. I replaced the camera already - it was actually kind of nice to upgrade a bit - I bought another Olympus - this time the D595Zoom - great camera for around $200! I love Olympus :) I am, however, heartbroken over my jewelry. Quite a bit of it I made myself from stones I bought at the gem show here. And, I had lots of family heirloom kind of things too - pieces from my grandma, a ring from my grandpa, jewelry from my parents, my college ring, gifts from my husband - it's so sad to think that it's likely gone forever. It makes me want to cry every time I think of it - filling out the police report has been really difficult. And, to top it off, we rent and I hadn't gotten renters insurance, so it's all out of pocket. The only bright spot in all of this is that this morning I discovered a black hills gold cross that my parents gave me that they didn't find. I always took it along to my law school exams for luck and so it was tucked in with a stack of my other stuff in a different room. I actually did cry when I found it this morning I was so happy to at least have something that survived. The police came and did find a fingerprint, so we'll see what happens. I also want to say a big thank you to all the chicks over at the digichick - they were the first I told about it and everyone was so supportive and encouraging - it really helped me through those first rough days!

Now, on a happier note - Bob and I went to Michigan for a long weekend this week and it was absolutely wonderful! Hung out with my parents, saw my brother and his wife and my adorable niece and my youngest brother too. We drove around Northern Michigan, checking out the beautiful fall colors and did a little hiking in Ludington. My aunt and uncle had the whole family over for Sunday dinner and cooked a full on Thanksgiving dinner for us! We never get there for Thanksgiving, so it was great to enjoy a holiday meal with everyone! We also got to spend some time in downtown Chicago - one of my favorite places - and spent several hours in the Field Museum (possibly the greatest museum ever!). We also got to see my dad's little sailboat in the water - we didn't take it out, but we sat out on it at the docks for a while - it's so cool. He completely rebuilt a SeaSprite sailboat over the past few years - I really hope we get to go out on it someday - it was just too cold on this trip! All in all it was a great trip and I took lots and lots of pictures - can't wait to scrap with them :)

No comments: