Monday, October 03, 2005

Argh . . . computers!

Once again my computer crashed this weekend - I bought an HP and the first one I had home had a hard drive failure and this is the second one, which I've had about a month. It wasn't total hard drive failure this time, but I did have to reformat my hard drive so I spent a good deal of my weekend re-installing all my software and trying to recover some of the stuff that I hadn't backed up yet. The good news is I didn't lose a lot - just the time to find it back. I really wanted to just return the thing and get a different brand, but CompUSA (where I bought it) won't take it back because I've had it for a little over a month and their return policy is 21 days. You'd think when you sell a person not one, but two computers that have major issues in the first month of ownership you'd try to do something about it. But, no. So I just won't shop there or buy any more HP. Anyway, I'm pretty peeved about the whole thing, but at least it's working now. The moral of the story - always, always backup!

No comments: