Saturday, February 04, 2006

Gramps

Early this morning my Dad called to tell me that my Gramps passed away. I am so sad - he was always my favorite grandparent and such a wonderful man. But, I'm so happy for him to be free of this life and his health problems and old age and instead to be sitting at the feet of the Lord. He was 95 years old and had a wonderful life - he even finally got the great-grandchildren he'd been wanting! So, this morning I'm trying to dwell on the good times - all our breakfasts at Jackie's, playing baseball with him in the yard at their old place, and all his funny little stories and rhymes (some of which were funny even though I didn't understand them because they were in Dutch LOL). He survived the depression - even bought a house - because he was a great baseball pitcher and a ringer on his company's minor league team. He always loved nice cars - it was his one extravagance. Most of all, he loved the Lord and his family - I hope he is having a wonderful reunion with all of them as I write! Can't wait to meet you again one day Gramps!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Gramps. You will see him one day, and it will be a glorious reunion. What wonderful memories you have of him. Hopefully, we will see some layouts? Thank you so much for sharing.

Pam

Angela said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. Many hugs and prayers for you.

Margie said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. But it's good that you have such nice memories and you have the hope of being reunited one day :)

Rachael said...

I am so sorry for your loss. :(