Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Digichick Blog Challenge

This sounds like so much fun! On Mondays there will be a blog challenge from the Digichick at the site's These Chicks Blog . I'm always looking for a little blog inspiration, so this should be great! This week's challenge is simple - Why do you scrapbook?

For me, it's a two part answer. First and foremost, I scrapbook for me - as an artistic outlet. I absolutely love to create things and work with color and design! Before I discovered digital scrapbooking I felt like I had some creative ideas and a decent eye for some artistic things, but I was never very good at art. I'm terrible at drawing and that always seemed like such a big part of art to me. When I stumbled onto digital scrapping I was thrilled - I could bring my ideas to life with a computer! Plus, I love taking pictures, so scrapping gives me a way to share my six million photos and preserve them for future enjoyment.

And, that brings me to the second reason I scrap - for the future. So that someday I can look at photos and remember what they were about and the particular magic of each day. So that someday if we have kids they can look at our photos and know something about our lives. I feel like I know very little about my ancestors - what kind of people they were, what their lives were like, what they loved and did everyday. Even my grandparents I really only knew as grandparents - not really as individuals. I want future generations to feel like they can really know something about me. But, on the other hand, if they're not interested in knowing their relatives that way it's cool - because I've had a great time making every single piece and finally feeling like an artist in my own little way!

No comments: