Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So sad . . .

I am overwhelmed by the tragedy on the gulf coast - the damage and loss there is just unbelievable. I feel so helpless in the face of it - I want to jump in my car and bring people water and food or take some of them home with me for a while so they have a place to stay. But, that's impossible so I'm giving to those who can go to help and praying for everyone there fervently.

I'm also amazed at how something like this brings out the best and the worst in people. I see looters on the news, but at the same time I've seen incredible outpourings of generosity too. At the Pub on 2Peas people are making plans to help a Pubster stranded down there and all over I am seeing efforts small and large being made to help. At the Digichick our designers are making a kit as a fundraiser - be sure to watch for it - it's a great way to help. I've also added links for giving to the Red Cross and CRWRC (my favorite charity) in the "Make a Difference" section of my links.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am so sad! I'm so glad that there are people out there doing helpful things. Any small thing can add up to quite a bit!

Anonymous said...

It's terrible.... I agree. What a tragedy and disaster down there. My prayers are with the entire gulf coast and all affected. Love your new blog Lisa!!